Personalised exercise for your dog
- Individual attention - I walk only one dog at a time. If you have two dogs and they walk well together, I may take them both on request at a small additional charge.
- Safe and controlled - On-leash walking only
- Brisk walking tempo for physical exercise
- Professional, qualified dog trainer
Cost: $35 for 60 minutes (travel charge may apply)
Location: An area in Whangarei township appropriate to the dog’s level. I may use a vehicle to transport your dog to a suitable walking area if required.
Benefits of hiring a dog walker
Despite your best intentions, there are times when you’re just too busy or not well enough to walk your dog. Hiring a dog walker can provide amazing benefits for your dog, as well as for you.
- Health – All dogs, even small ones, need regular exercise to live long, healthy, and happy lives. It keeps your dog agile and limber, helps with weight control, and aids the digestive system. In the wild a dog would run up to a half marathon a day and in doing so create natural endorphins - A fit dog is a happy dog.
- Mental stimulation – Getting out for a walk stimulates your dog’s senses - he gets to see, smell, feel, and hear all types of new and interesting things, which makes your dog happy and it's also a great socialisation exercise. Even if you have a big yard, it’s still the same for your dog, day in, day out, and it can’t replicate the activity of a good walk. Research has shown that dogs can become bored and lonely within just hours of separation from their 'human pack'. Dogs are family orientated animals and need company as much as we do.
- Behaviour – ‘A tired dog is a good dog’. Regular walking helps to release excess energy and boredom, resulting in calmer behaviour at home. Your dog will be less inclined to bark, dig, shred things, whine or pace for example. It can also help reduce any hyperactivity, excitability, and even restlessness at night.
- Peace of mind for you – We're experienced and take good care of your dog. You can relax knowing that your dog gets quality time outdoors and companionship during the day. This is especially important with puppies or senior dogs, as they need to eliminate more frequently.
Looking for doggie day care? Check out Dogs Day Out, Daycare & Grooming for Dogs