Raise a confident, happy, and social puppy with good manners and impulse control
The 6-week class plus bonus orientation session is designed to make your life with your new puppy easier. Puppies meet in a safe, nurturing environment and have fun learning. Know what to expect raising a puppy and how to prevent problems from occurring along the way.
About the puppy class
Time and location
Day/time: Wednesdays, 5:45 - 6:45 pm. Depending on the number of puppies, I may open up a second class starting at 7:00 - 8:00 pm.
Location: 120 Robert Street, Whangarei
The class is 'Open Enrolment', so you can start your puppy at any time provided your puppy is under 16 weeks old and has completed at least two rounds of vaccinations plus about one week. That’s great news because you don't have to wait and miss out on your puppy’s crucial socialisation period and early training opportunities.
When to enrol
Enrol as soon as you get your puppy or even before. That way, you get your orientation session and your handbook right away. We usually discuss common puppy ‘issues’ such as house-training, nipping, chewing etc., we talk a little about how dogs learn, and let you know how the classes work and what to bring. This will give you some additional tools and skills to work with your puppy at home until you're ready to start class.
$ 120.00 per puppy (Includes an orientation session, 6 sessions with your puppy, and a comprehensive handbook)
What you and your puppy will learn
The class aims to help your puppy
- Become more comfortable around other puppies and people
- Learn basic good manners
- Acquire general learning skills
- Become more accustomed to common real world scenarios, sights and sounds
The class aims to coach you
- How to address common puppy 'issues' and how to give your puppy positive socialisation experiences
- How to work with your puppy
- Develop basic training skills
Benefits of the puppy class
The class is designed to make your life with your new dog easier. It will help you raise a dog you will enjoy living with.
- By having the know-how of what to expect and what your puppy needs to learn you can prevent problems before they arise.
- You will be able to use your understanding of how dogs learn and your basic training skills to continue your puppy’s education and throughout your dog’s life.
It sets your puppy up for life.
- Positive socialisation experiences are incredibly important for your puppy’s development and future success as member of your family.
- Early introduction to basic good manners and how to live in a human world set the foundation blocks of learning for your puppy to build on.